1. Information We Collect
1.1 Information We Collect and Receive. In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our Site, such as account registration, mailing lists, membership profile, travel preferences, etc.: For example, your name, contact, mailing address, phone number, or any other information you may provide in any request, form, or communication from the Site or related to the Services;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us through the creation of your account or when you email or call us. This includes information such as name, phone number, date of birth, mailing address, gender, demographic information, employer information, and any other details you provide in your communications. This information may be utilized for login verification as well as enabling use and management of travel purchases and related notifications. This information may also be required to comply with laws or regulations in order to purchase certain services, such as airfare. Travel Labs may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you purchase Services from us: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, we use your credit card information for shipping, billing, and credit card validation purposes, including purchases of third-party services such as hotels, car rentals, etc.;
- Login information, such as username password, that you may use in connection with our Services;
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, such as traffic analytics, geolocation information, and other statistics;
- Information about your activity through our Services, including your device information (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site), preferences (loyalty programs, preferred airports, time of travel, etc.), and other data you choose to share such as access to calendars to assist in booking and managing relevant travel plans.
- If you become a member and wish to enjoy all the benefits of our program, you will be asked to provide identifying information from your driver’s license, including your name, birthdate, id number, id expiration in order to ensure governmental verification for flying purposes. Travel history, travel preferences, and other personal identifying information will also be requested and may be required for certain services.
- If you choose to create a business account, we may share certain information between the accounts in order to ensure employers and employees can share information and assist each other in managing travel arrangements.
- Information about others: if you make travel reservation for another person, we will request some or all of the above information. You must obtain the consent from any other individual before providing that individual’s information to us.
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, products, or services you have requested, to improve your user experience, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
1.2 Information from Children. Travel Labs does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from Travel Labs. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
2. How We Use Information
Travel Labs may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To allow you to log into and access your account;
- To deliver our Services, including personalizing your use of the Services according to your preferences;
- To provide customer service and our support services;
- To process any financial transactions you make on our Site;
- To keep your information secure, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services from Travel Labs;
- To ensure our Site and services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms, contact us forms, or other methods of contact.
3. How Information May Be Shared
Travel Labs will never sell or rent any of your personal information. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Site, products, and Services. For example, we may partner with other companies to process your payments or store your data to support delivery of our products or Services. For accounts linked with business accounts, data will be shared with employers for management purposes such as budget management and reimbursement. We may also share information with travel suppliers for the purpose of fulfilling reservation and improving your experience to ensure potential offers, discounts, or similar promotions are relevant to you. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we have authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect Travel Labs’ legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement. Otherwise, your personal information is never shared with any individual or other organization.
4. Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Travel Labs has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Travel Labs collects. For example, certain sensitive information such as credit card information, we will tokenize the data rather than store the data in its native format. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a user name and password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the user name and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Travel Labs cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Data Transfers
6. European Union Residents
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our Services, and assist with any questions you may have.
- Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in some situations.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data.
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a fair reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways that do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our Services, fraud prevention, quality assurance, and marketing purposes, as long as our use of your data does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
7. Email Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum, and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to the Services we offer. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. You can always opt out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from Travel Labs other than communications informing you of the completion of a purchase, user registration, correction of user data, or change of password, by changing your preferences in your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email at email@example.com stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Travel Labs as a result of a purchase of the Services, product service experience, or other transactions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you maintain an account on our Site so that we may process and deliver your orders. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
9. Control of your Information
Users or Site visitors residing in certain countries, such as the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include the ability to access, correct, and/or request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them. You can review the personal data you have provided us by accessing your account profile on our Site or if applicable through the mobile app. To ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date, update your account profile on our Site, or contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold. To delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log into your account and delete your account from the account settings page. Please be aware that some or all of the features of our Site or our Services will not function without certain personal information.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, Travel Labs may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will generally respond to your request for information within thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
10. Questions, Comments, or Complaints
Travel Labs strives to satisfy our customers’ and visitors’ privacy concerns. However, if you have contacted Travel Labs about your issue and are still unhappy with our response, and if you are also a resident of the European Economic Area, subject to applicable law, you may also have the right to object to Travel Labs’ use of your personal information, and to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. More information is available here.